Tuesday, November 18, 2008
"I delight in difficulties"
I haven’t been succeeding for very long, although there are times when I bowl really well in training. It’s just that when it comes close to competition, I lose everything. I always wonder, why is God doing this to me? Does He have a different purpose for me in this life? What does He want me to do if I have to give up bowling? And why did He get me involved in bowling in the first place for so many years?
Not only do I have to face so many challenges this year, but also my thumb injury came just at the right timing, which is during AIA. Thank God at least the wound on my thumb has healed. But it’s humiliating to represent Team Singapore and not being able to bowl even my normal 190 average. My 200 averages are just waiting to burst out again. These days this year, I have always been bowling a 140 to 170 average. The last time I bowled these averages was when I was in primary 6!
Just last night, I was looking through my Bible for a verse in 2nd Corinthians until I came across a verse in 2 Corinthians 12:10, “That is why I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardship, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
I have no problem in facing these hardships and challenges. The only thing I wish for is that I will not be kicked out of the national team next year. I need to stay in so that I will be able to train without thinking about money. Besides, staying in the national team is what is needed of me in order to continue the Sports School thru-train route from RP to NTU.Amen †
- 12:28 PM
Child of God
Name: Clara Lim P.K
DOB: 20/2/1990
Click for Bowling Pictures
Check my artwork at Deviant Art
Favourite Verse
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Phillipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Praise the Lord
My Friends
-
DEBRAAAA
Barry
Cass
Janice Chow
Jonny Bravo
Ong She-na
Hidaya
Lisa Ong
Clara Lim
Afiqah
Lynn
Punitha
Aisyah
Faith Chen
Yee Wen
Victor
Angie
Vanessa Lim
Jia Ling
Derek
Aaron Wan
Eileen Lim
Sam Lim
Sophia Ang
SingYee
Phelycia Chan
Heng Li
RP bowling
History
-
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
Credits
-
Design By: - Evin
Codes By: - CandyBear
Image host By: - Photobucket
Skin Host By: - Blogskins
