Wednesday, December 10, 2008
"a servant's heart"
Anyway, in the book Today God Is First (TGIF), I read about the power of serving others. It is mentioned that there is a Kingdom principle that very few people understand: when we focus on serving others, God often meets our own need. Sometimes we as Christians often forget that the instruction given to us by God is to serve others. Sometimes we think that we serve others to gain on our own behalf. Truth is we don’t. However, when we do serve other, there is a Kingdom principle that works on our behalf as fruit of our service.
Recently I bought a book called Wisdom for the way. Inside contains wise words for busy people. Coincidentally, I came across a page about a servant’s heart. Here is what it said, “A spirit of humility is very rare in our day of strong-willed, proud-as-a-peacock attitudes. The clinched fist has replaced the bowed head. The big mouth and the surly stare now dominate the scene once occupied by the quiet godliness of the ‘poor in spirit’. How self-righteous we have become! How confident in and of ourselves! And with that attitude, how desperately unhappy we are! The indispensible condition of receiving a part in the kingdom of heaven is acknowledging our spiritual poverty.”
Oh yeah! And this is what I wrote for my reflection journal yesterday:
Question: What meaningful plans do you have for the coming holidays?
For this coming holiday, I will be going over to Kuala Lumpur with the rest of the national youth bowlers in the national team for a competition. My holidays won't be much because I will be spending more than half a day each day in the bowling alley. But I will make it meaningful by spreading the true meaning of Christmas to others. And what is the true meaning of Christmas? It is the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I even bought a friend of mine a brand new Bible, so that he can read it during the trip and find comfort in God's word during our competition. So that if he were to encounter any setbacks, he will know that it is God's will and good purpose for him, though he may not know it because he does not know what God's plan for him is.
Not only that, but I will get to spend Christmas with my good buddies in the national team, and we will all enjoy good food in restaurants using the allowance that the national team will be giving us. And during the competition itself, I will be able to grow closer to God as I face difficulties while competing. I will be able to leave the burden of my worries to God. I will learn to trust in Him. This Christmas in competition will be my stepping stone to putting total trust and faith in God, and lean not on my own understanding and abilities.
There are many people who think that Christmas is all about Santa Claus, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, Frosty the snowman, presents, parties and holidays. Ideas like these often spread that hardly anyone knows the true meaning of Christmas except some, including the Christians themselves. But in actual fact, it is so much more than that.Amen †
- 11:43 AM
Child of God
Name: Clara Lim P.K
DOB: 20/2/1990
Click for Bowling Pictures
Check my artwork at Deviant Art
Favourite Verse
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Phillipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Praise the Lord
My Friends
-
DEBRAAAA
Barry
Cass
Janice Chow
Jonny Bravo
Ong She-na
Hidaya
Lisa Ong
Clara Lim
Afiqah
Lynn
Punitha
Aisyah
Faith Chen
Yee Wen
Victor
Angie
Vanessa Lim
Jia Ling
Derek
Aaron Wan
Eileen Lim
Sam Lim
Sophia Ang
SingYee
Phelycia Chan
Heng Li
RP bowling
History
-
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
Credits
-
Design By: - Evin
Codes By: - CandyBear
Image host By: - Photobucket
Skin Host By: - Blogskins
