Friday, December 12, 2008
"What will be, will be"
- Will I ever get better in bowling?
- Will the coaches ever stop ruining me?
- I am sick of this sh**!
We are always thinking how to be better, and when can we ever be better. We are always wondering why negative situations always happen to us. Like, why is God doing this to us? Is this a punishment for whatever we have done?
This is exactly the same situation that Job suffered from. Except, his situation was much worse. God made a deal with Satan and allowed Satan to make Job suffer to test his faith in God. In Job 2:7, “So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head.” Not only that, but death was also brought upon his children and wife, and his herd.
I read, that “when hope is deferred, the psalmist says, the heart becomes sick. During these seasons, we can only do one thing: We must hang onto whatever faith we have to get through each day and entrust our lives to Him.” And when faith doesn’t see results, it challenges what we believe. We must pray as Job prayed, “Teach me what I cannot see” (Job 34:32).
Just as I read, “God is going to reveal things to you through this season of adversity that you would never receive had you not gone through this. This is part of your calling even though Satan is the instrument. God is always bigger than Satan’s afflictions.” Our greatest tests are when we cannot perceive positive results coming from our faith and obedience. In such cases, we must die to our expectations and entrust them to our Lord.
I came across a page titled “If God Says It Will Be, It Will Be”. The verse on that page was Job 42:2, “I know You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours will be thwarted.” The conclusion was basically, when God says it will be done, it will be done. If it makes me unhappy and frustrated, so be it. If it ruins my reputation, it shall ruin my reputation. If it hurts, it shall hurt.
And to follow up with that, I came across another page, “Let God Handle It”. Psalms 46:10, “Cease striving and know that I am God.” This is something all of us can relate to. There are times when we try SO hard, but to no avail. You try so hard but you are not selected to be seeded into next year’s national team. You try so hard but still cannot get a good enough grade. You try so hard but still cannot make any friends or be part of a group.
Since we have tried so hard, we should stop to take a rest sometimes, and let God take over. This is when we have to trust God with the outcome. After all, the outcome is something that is not within our control. Luke 12:25 says “and which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life span?” Because the outcome is a responsibility that is beyond our control, worrying is assuming responsibilities we cannot handle. It’s not like worrying will prolong our life span anyway, because there is nothing we can do about the outcome. We can only do our best to get as close to achieving our expected outcome as possible.
(inspired by “Today God Is First” and “Wisdom For The Way”)Amen †
- 10:57 PM
Child of God
Name: Clara Lim P.K
DOB: 20/2/1990
Click for Bowling Pictures
Check my artwork at Deviant Art
Favourite Verse
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Phillipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Praise the Lord
My Friends
-
DEBRAAAA
Barry
Cass
Janice Chow
Jonny Bravo
Ong She-na
Hidaya
Lisa Ong
Clara Lim
Afiqah
Lynn
Punitha
Aisyah
Faith Chen
Yee Wen
Victor
Angie
Vanessa Lim
Jia Ling
Derek
Aaron Wan
Eileen Lim
Sam Lim
Sophia Ang
SingYee
Phelycia Chan
Heng Li
RP bowling
History
-
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
Credits
-
Design By: - Evin
Codes By: - CandyBear
Image host By: - Photobucket
Skin Host By: - Blogskins
