Saturday, January 3, 2009
"Held together"
Laminin is a VERY important protein in the body that "holds us together". It holds our membranes together. It is the glue of the human body. It holds together our skin, our organs, you name it. Laminin is like, the steel structure within the concrete that holds a building together.
Just as laminin suggests, Christ is a VERY important figure in our lives. Christ, as part of God, holds us together, literally.
Ever wondered why you don't hear me yell out vulgarities? Why I refuse to drink? I could if I want. I could rebel if I want. I would love to get into fights. I'm one of the stronger girls anyway. It would feel good to punch someone. I could yell out vulgarities to get rid of my frustrations. I can show my impatience if I wanted to.
But no, I didn't. Although I did used to when I was younger. It didn't matter if that person was hurt. I thought she deserved it anyway, for being irritating. But because of God, that was the furthest I've gone to being too much. God held me together when I was about to blow.
Now that I know God so much better since I returned to church, I was held together in all situations. There is more to life than studies, bowling, and my social life, whatever. Living for God's purpose for me is so much more important.
I just bought a book yesterday, titled "When God Writes Your Life Story". Lemme tell you first, my dream has always been to work with Disney's animation. But slowly, I was starting to settle for an average, realistic life.
However, along the way in my life, there is always someone who asks me about my dream which makes my dream alive again. I thank God for that. God has given me a gift to draw. But I have never been to art class and seriously learn. So my ability is limited for the time being.
In this book, it mentions that when we watch a Hollywood film, and the character ends up in an impossible situation, we trust the movie director to somehow turn it into a happy ending. But "we melt with fear when we find ourselves in an impossible situation in life, because we don't trust God as our life's Director to come through for us and create a triumphant ending."
"As little kids, we dream of a bigger-than-life existence. But eventually we grow up. We lose our 'oomph' to keep aiming high. We settle for everyday mediocrity. We finally accept being average. We loosen our grip on our dreams and pitch our tents in a land where everyday humans dwell."
Amen †- 7:09 PM
Child of God
Name: Clara Lim P.K
DOB: 20/2/1990
Click for Bowling Pictures
Check my artwork at Deviant Art
Favourite Verse
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Phillipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Praise the Lord
My Friends
-
DEBRAAAA
Barry
Cass
Janice Chow
Jonny Bravo
Ong She-na
Hidaya
Lisa Ong
Clara Lim
Afiqah
Lynn
Punitha
Aisyah
Faith Chen
Yee Wen
Victor
Angie
Vanessa Lim
Jia Ling
Derek
Aaron Wan
Eileen Lim
Sam Lim
Sophia Ang
SingYee
Phelycia Chan
Heng Li
RP bowling
History
-
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
Credits
-
Design By: - Evin
Codes By: - CandyBear
Image host By: - Photobucket
Skin Host By: - Blogskins

